A fine quality Victorian figured walnut English bracket clock with leaf carving to the front of the case and fine pierced wooden sound frets to the sides.
The clock has an eight inch painted dial with the retailers name:-
Birch & Gaydon
The clock has a five pillar, eight day twin fusee chain movement with top pendulum adjustment and hold fast and strikes the hours on a gong.
Birch and Gaydon were silversmiths, goldsmiths and jewellers. William Birch took the company over from William Turner in 1840, Henry Gaydon joined the company in 1877 becoming Birch & Gaydon Limited.
Height - 18 ½ inches
Width - 14 inches
Depth - 7 ½ inches
Circa - 1880