A decorative German Art Nouveau mahogany mantel clock with satinwood fan and boxwood string inlay to the front of the case, The clock has a silvered 5 inch dial with a German eight day Lenzkirch movement which strikes the hours and half hours on a gong.
The movement back plate is stamped
Eduard Hauser and Ignaz Schopperle began their business in 1849 in a small workshop in Lenzkirch where they began machining and finishing clock parts which would then be sent out to clock makers for a final fit. Wanting to expand their business they went to Franz Joseph Faller, Joesph Wiest, Nikolaus Rogg, and brothers Johann Nikolaus Tritscheller and Paul Tritscheller They formed the company called Aktiengesellschaft fur Uhrenfabrikation and gained a reputation for making excellent and precise clock movements. The company closed in 1932
Height - 12 ½ inches
Width - 9 inches
Depth - 4 ½ inches
Circa - 1900